Temple 6: Link’s Worst Nightmare

1 Comment

1. pamplemousse said,

February 13, 2011 at 6:27 pm

So I haven’t played in a while now. As soon as I turned Zelda back on, I remembered why I wasn’t too thrilled about playing again: I was stuck in Temple 6. Temple 6 is ridiculous. It was the hardest temple that I have ever gone through. Ever. As in, defeating the final boss in Twilight Princess with only 3 hearts was easier than Temple 6. The hardest part was by far the Wizzrobes. They basically shoot these energy waves at you. The energy waves can go through anything, and they can go all the way across the entire screen. They take away about 2 hearts apiece when they touch you. And there were a lot of them. Like, way too many. I was having a hard time making my way through each room, much less trying to find the boss. Eventually, I made it all the way to the end. That’s when I realized that there was no door leading to the next room. I tried everything. I tried defeating every enemy in each room, which took a while, because the Wizzrobes kept getting the best of me. I tried pushing every block in every room, which also took a while, because you had to defeat all of the enemies in each room before any blocks can become pushable. Eventually I had to give up and look at a map online. As it turns out, there was a block you had to push pretty close to the beginning of the temple, which made no sense to me. Then when I made it through, it took a few tries to actually get to the boss. Then I had no clue what I was supposed to do. Usually, in any Zelda game, whatever new item you acquire in a temple is the item you must use in order to defeat the boss. Not in this temple. But I didn’t know that. So there I was, trying to use my energy-wave wand, and it didn’t have any effect on the boss whatsoever. As I realized that I only had 2 hearts left and no more potions, I decided to pause and check a strategy guide. Of course. Arrows. The boss took one hit to go down. Ridiculously easy. But really, what was the point of getting that wand thing? I have no clue.